Tax Credit (HCTC)
Step Denver donors are now eligible to receive a Homeless Contribution Income Tax Credit (HCTC) from the State of Colorado.
Tax credits can reduce the amount of tax you owe or increase your tax refund.
Here’s what you need to know:
- This is completely voluntary and not a requirement. You may choose whether or not you want to apply for this credit.
- Only Colorado residents who file their taxes electronically are eligible.
- Each monetary donation of $1,000 or more given to Step Denver is eligible for the HCTC under the following conditions:
- Qualified Charitable Deduction from an IRA
- Standard monetary donations of check/credit/cash from personal or business accounts
- Colorado Gives Day donations (2023 only)
- Cannot be a gift from a donor advised fund
- No gifts of stock, vehicles, or items
- Due to the sensitive nature of the information required by the state (social security number), we have elected to have all eligible donors enter their details into the state’s system directly.
- You will be notified by email if you have made a donation that is eligible for the HCTC. Included in the email will be a direct link that will take you to a page to submit your contribution.
- Approved HCTC Contributions will receive a 25% tax credit.
- Your tax credit certificate will be mailed the first week of February 2024.
If you have any questions about your eligible donation(s) please don’t hesitate to contact Carter Smith, Development & Marketing Manager: email@example.com
We are pleased to offer this new benefit to our donors who make Step's mission possible.