Rebuild Your Life
Step Denver is an all-men, residential recovery program located in Denver, Colorado. At our facilities, we provide a highly structured, affordable living environment that gives residents the knowledge, tools, and community they need to stay sober and become productive, contributing members of society.
At Step, we believe that cost should never be what prevents someone from getting help and seeking recovery. We’re dedicated to keeping our services accessible to everyone. Here, if you’re willing to put in the work to stay sober and rebuild your life, we’re willing to help you get there.
Step Denver helps men who:
- Are aged 21 and older and suffer from the disease of addiction.
- Are willing to participate in a criminal background screening. Each individual is considered on a case-by-case basis. The City and County have ordinances that may disqualify an individual from our program. Step Denver is unable to help men with severely violent or sexual offenses on their criminal background history. These would include crimes involving death, sex, children, and the use of weapons or arson to cause harm.
- Are willing and able to work full-time, tax-paying, payroll jobs. No part-time, temporary, under-the-table cash employment is allowed.
- Agree not to receive any money from family members, friends, or organizations, or governmental stipends such as food stamps, welfare, disability, or vouchers.
- Agree not to be on any long-term mind-altering medication such as medical marijuana, opiates, benzodiazepines, Adderall, kratom and nootropics, buprenorphine or methadone for Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT), or any long-term mind-altering medication that can produce a high or a feeling of euphoria.
- Are willing to participate in regular breathalyzer tests and random urinalysis tests throughout their stay.
Cost and Financial Information
There is no initial cost to become a resident at Step. You can walk in today and start your recovery. Eventually, our goal is to help you be accountable for your living costs. After you find a job—which 99% of our men do in the first month—you’ll be required to pay $15/day, $75/week, or $200/month for program fees. You’ll also be responsible for buying and making your own food, which you can do in our on-site kitchen. We will provide the basic necessities until you are employed.