How to ApplyCall 303-295-STEP (7837)
Step Denver helps highly motivated man, 21 years of age or older, that are suffering from the disease of addiction. Step is not a clinical rehabilitation facility, nor do we facilitate the detox process. Step provides recovery support services, employment assistance, life skills development, structure, and accountability to assist in the rebuilding of individuals’ lives to overcome the consequences of addiction. If you or someone you knows needs help, applications are accepted over the phone or in person, Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm. The phone number is 303-295-STEP (7837). The facility address is 2029 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80205. Applicants will participate in a brief screening process and then complete a full application if appropriate. All applications are taken for SAME DAY admission at 2:30 pm. An applicant should call or apply in person on the day they are prepared to enter the program.
Step Denver provides a structured environment that offers addiction recovery programming based on the Peer Recovery Support Model. Our men participate in Recovery Education Groups, 12 Step Fellowship Meetings, and are assigned a Recovery Support Manager that assists the residents in setting and reaching goals in all areas of their lives. In addition, Step Denver offers its residents life skills training that includes physical fitness, nutrition, financial budgeting, and family restoration, along with recreational and spiritual activities, to help provide self-care and life balance. Through our partnership with Goodwill Industries, residents have access to education, counseling, opportunities and placement for employment, and career development.
Men, 21 and older, seeking to enter Step Denver may complete a telephone or walk-in interview and background check to apply for admission into the program. Due to city and county laws governing facilities of this type and to ensure a safe environment, Step Denver is not permitted to admit men convicted of violent or sexual offenses. There is no initial cost to be admitted to Step Denver. However, with the goal of the residents being accountable for their living costs, men will be required to pay $10/day, $60/week or $190/month for fees. Residents will also purchase and prepare their own food in the resident kitchen.
- Applicants must be able to produce clean results for both a Breathalyzer Test and a Urinalysis Substance Abuse Test. An exception will be made for THC, which remains in the system for an extended period. An exception will also be made for benzodiazepines administered by a hospital, detox facility, treatment facility or a corrections facility to assist with physical withdrawal symptoms. Applicants must bring official documentation from the facility where these were administered. If admitted into the program, the resident will then be monitored to ensure that the levels of these substances are decreasing in the time frame that is normal for the elimination process from the client’s system.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work full-time, tax paying, payroll check jobs. No part-time, temporary, under the table cash employment is permitted.
- Applicants may not receive any Government or Third Party (Family, Church, Friends, Other Non-Profit) financial assistance.
- Due to City and County ordinances, applicants can not have any severe violence in their criminal backgrounds. Crimes involving death, sex, children, the use of weapons to harm, or the use of arson to harm, would preclude a candidate from admission into our program. Additionally, if an applicant is on probation, parole, supervision or has an open court case for any violent crime (assault, domestic violence, harassment, stalking, kidnapping, robbery or burglary) the City and County ordinances restrict our program from accepting such applicants until those criminal cases are completely closed. A background check will be performed on all applicants.
- Applicants may not be on any long-term mind-altering medication. Medical marijuana or opiates for pain, benzodiazepines for anxiety or depression, Adderall for ADHD, or any other medication that can produce a high or euphoria are not permitted to be used while at Step Denver. There are alternatives and it is encouraged that you see a practitioner for suggestions. Mood altering medication such as Wellbutrin, Zoloft, etc., will be permitted with a prescription from a doctor.
If an applicant is accepted into the program, he will be admitted at 2:30 pm on the SAME DAY that the application is received. For additional information or to apply please call 303-295-STEP (7837).