How to ApplyCall 303-295-STEP (7837)
Step Denver helps highly motivated men, 21 years of age or older, that are suffering from the disease of addiction. Step is not a clinical rehabilitation facility, nor do we facilitate the detox process. Step provides residential recovery support services, employment assistance, life skills development, structure, and accountability to assist in the rebuilding of individuals’ lives to overcome the consequences of addiction. If you or someone you know needs help, applications are accepted over the phone or in person, Monday through Thursday, from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm. The phone number is 303-295-STEP (7837). The facility address is 2029 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80205. Applicants will participate in a brief screening process and then complete a full application if appropriate. All applications are taken for SAME DAY admission at 2:30 pm. An applicant should call or apply in person on the day they are prepared to enter the program.
Step Denver provides a structured living environment that offers addiction recovery programming based on the Peer Recovery Support Model. Our men participate in Recovery Education Groups, 12 Step Fellowship Meetings, and are assigned a Recovery Support Manager that assists the residents in setting and reaching goals in all areas of their lives. In addition, Step Denver offers its residents life skills training that includes financial budgeting, nutrition, family restoration, physical health, healthy social and recreational activities, life balance and spirituality to help provide self-care and life balance. Our career counseling program provides access to education, counseling, opportunities and placement for employment, and career development.
Men, 21 and older, seeking to enter Step Denver may complete a telephone or walk-in interview and background check to apply for admission into the program. Due to city and county laws governing facilities of this type and to ensure a safe environment, Step Denver is not permitted to admit men convicted of violent or sexual offenses. There is no initial cost to be admitted to Step Denver. However, with the goal of the residents being accountable for their living costs, once obtaining employment, men will be required to pay $15/day, $75/week or $200/month for fees and purchase and prepare their own food.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work full-time, tax paying, payroll check jobs. No part-time, temporary, under the table cash employment is permitted.
- Applicants may not receive any compensation from their families, friends, or religious organizations, and can also not receive any governmental stipends such as food stamps, welfare, disability, or vouchers.
- Due to City and County ordinances, applicants can not have any severe violence in their criminal backgrounds. Crimes involving death, sex, children, the use of weapons to harm, or the use of arson to harm, would preclude a candidate from admission into our program. Additionally, if an applicant is on probation, parole, supervision or has an open court case for any violent crime (assault, domestic violence, harassment, stalking, kidnapping, robbery or burglary) the City and County ordinances restrict our program from accepting such applicants until those criminal cases are completely closed. A background check will be performed on all applicants.
- Applicants may not be on any long-term mind-altering medication. Medical marijuana or opiates for pain, benzodiazepines for anxiety or depression, Adderall for ADHD, or any other medication that can produce a high or euphoria are not permitted to be used while at Step Denver. There are alternatives and it is encouraged that you see a practitioner for suggestions. Mood altering medication such as Wellbutrin, Zoloft, etc., will be permitted with a prescription from a doctor.
- Applicants must be able to pass a breathalyzer test and produce a urinalysis sample at the time of intake.
- If an applicant is accepted into the program, he will be admitted at 2:30 pm on the SAME DAY that the application is received. If a client is being referred from another program, the judicial system, or from out-of-state, scheduling exceptions may be made.
For additional information or to apply please call 303-295-STEP (7837).